- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- ½ cup quinoa (pre-cooked)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp organic vanilla extract (strong—use ½ tsp for generic extract)
- Dash of Salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Crack your 2 eggs, add olive oil, and mix in the chia and flax seeds right off. Let that soak up for a bit (few minutes) while the seeds hydrate.
- Turn your pan on medium temp and add 1-2 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- Add the quinoa, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add baking powder and mix, then immediately pour 4″ pancake portions. Make sure the pan is hot and ready to fry! It should only take 1½-3 minutes before you must flip.
Because of the nature of this mixture, you will need to pull in the sides of the cakes soon after you pour them.
Cakes are done when medium brown on each side.
Top with cold-pressed coconut oil, a good-for-you nut or seed butter of your choice (I used almond butter) and coconut nectar (my favorite low glycemic load sweetener! 😃)
Enjoy a nice layered stack of these delicious low-glycemic seed cakes!
Why not save the rest for a health, sweet bite later?! There’s nothing better than making something hot that tastes just as good cold, later on! 😃 I love it 😄 Meal-prepped food keeps us out of ‘trouble’ 😋